Anxiety Treatment in Katy, TX
Do you lay down to sleep at night only to find your mind runs away with the to do list for tomorrow and all of the things that didn’t happen or go as planned during the day? Are you drowning in a sea of commitments, responsibilities and worry? Maybe you’re tired of feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and stuck. Would you like to feel more in control of yourself and how you respond to the things that stress you out?
Counseling for anxiety can help you feel better and more in control again.
My clients often come to me for anxiety treatment when they feel like they’re at their wits end. They are often perfectionists, high achievers, problem solvers and caregivers in most aspects of their life, and are sometimes reaching out for help for the first time. Counseling for anxiety helps by creating space for naming what’s working and what isn’t. Working with a counselor for anxiety can help you fix the things that feel broken or start from scratch to come up with a new plan to address and manage the things contributing to distress and discontent. With treatment, you can overcome anxiety and live the life you deserve.
Signs you may be experiencing anxiety are:
- Panic attacks (also described as anxiety attacks sometimes)
- Shortness of breath or racing heart beat without a medical reason
- A skin crawling sensation or feeling jittery
- Feeling constantly on edge
- Pain or tightness in your chest without a medical explanation
- Frequent stomach, back, chest or neck aches
- Overwhelming worry and a sense of doom
- Eating too much or too little
- Excessive anger or irritability (sometimes described as having a very short fuse)
- Believing the worst will happen
- Feeling intense guilt or shame
- Unwanted intrusive, scary or negative thoughts
- Feeling little or no interest in things, inability to experience joy when you otherwise would
So you see yourself reflected in the list of symptoms above. Now what? You can choose to acknowledge that you may want or need help, and continue on your way, going about the business of your life in exactly the same manner, hoping things will eventually change for the better on their own. Or you can stop, slow down, see where you can carve out an hour of time for yourself and start to actively create the change you want.
Some of the benefits of therapy for anxiety include:
- Decreased burn out and increased satisfaction with work
- More ability to regulate your physiological response to anxiety, panic and stress resulting in less panic attacks or anxiety attacks
- Increased mindfulness and ability to remain more fully present in your interactions with other people and experiences
- More hope and optimism about your future
- Increased self compassion and ability to forgive yourself for mistakes you make
- Decreased intrusive, scary or unwanted thoughts
- More satisfaction, joy, and sense of fulfillment with life circumstances as well as a belief in your ability to make changes and adjustments as needed
Anxiety therapy is about more than just learning to “relax.” It’s about problem solving and getting creative to figure out how to implement coping skills and strategies that will actually benefit you and helping you create and implement changes in how you respond to the things contributing to your anxiety. Counseling for anxiety is an investment of your time, money and trust but it’s not forever. The length of time my clients participate in counseling is different for each person, and I trust you to tell me when you’re done.
Choosing the right counselor for your needs is vital to successful anxiety treatment. My clients trust me to show up fully for them, and to give them honest, sometimes hard to hear feedback when necessary. If you’re looking for a blank slate who will politely smile and nod, you won’t find it here. If you’re looking for someone to wave a magic wand and fix all of your problems, I don’t have one. But if you’re looking for someone to sit in the messiness of your life with you and try to help you make some sense of it, I’d love to be your person. Give me a call, shoot me an e-mail or send me a text when you’re ready to get started.
Begin Anxiety Treatment in Katy, TX
Part of the problem with anxiety is that it can feel so overwhelming and scary trying to figure out how to cope or where to begin making changes. Seeking treatment for anxiety by beginning counseling is a great first step to take. Your counselor can help you put together a plan that will help you feel better and more in control of the life you want to live.
- Call, text (281-607-4443), e-mail or schedule online to book your first appointment or a free phone consultation.
- Next, attend your first therapy session in the office or online.
- Finally, begin feeling less anxious, less irritable and more satisfied and content with your life again!
Options for Anxiety Treatment
Online Counseling (Telehealth)
Does the idea of having to squeeze a counseling appointment into your already over full schedule increase your anxiety rather than give you hope that things can get better? Telehealth (or online counseling) can be a great way to give yourself some more margin, by eliminating the need to commute to and from an appointment. Log in for an online (video) counseling session from your office, your car, your house or anywhere you have access to a private meeting space and a stable internet connection.
In Office Sessions (Katy, TX – West Houston)
Anne Russey, LPC-S, provides office based sessions and anxiety treatment to individuals living in Katy and surrounding areas of West Houston, Katy-Fulshear, Cy-Fair, Richmond, Cross Creek Ranch and Cinco Ranch.
Other Counseling Services in Katy, TX
Sometimes, you may be battling something other than or in addition to anxiety. I have experience helping clients with a variety of problems. In addition to anxiety treatment, I provide counseling for moms who may want to address any number of concerns or stressors, postpartum depression treatment, postpartum anxiety treatment, general perinatal counseling and am an LGBTQ+ affirming counselor.